The college is named after great patriot and freedom fighter Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad. The foundation stone of the main
building was laid by 24th October 1959.
OUR VISION AND MISSION
The Primary aim of this institution is to produce competent basis Doctors, Specialists and Super Specialists. It has
endeavoured to promote all facilities conducive to learning and furtherance of knowledge by:
- Contribution towards national health care delivery system by providing efficient and expert medical services
through the associated hospitals.
- Establishing routine and specialized laboratories of excellence and other investigative facilities.
- Pursuance of objectives of medical education by improving the course contents, continuing education and
strengthening of research activities.
- Extending medical support to the local authorities for health care programmes.
- Extending health care facilities to above 1,00,000 rural urban population of Delhi through its organized centres in
- Students seeking admission for formal medical education from the entry level MBBS to the highest level (Post-graduate & Post Doctorate Courses).
- Fellowship-IGNOU- trainees for different short term trainings.
- Hospital Organization/Laboratories/seeking trained technical manpower.
SERVICE PROVIDED–Providing Medical Education
This College is affiliated with Delhi University and admission in the Under-graduate & Post Graduate is done by the
A. UNDER GRADUATE COURSE-Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)
- Total No. of Seats
Total No. of Seats-250
GOI (Central Pool Reserved Seat) - 6
|Category||15 % All India Quota (AIQ)||85% Delhi University Quota (DUQ)|
- ADMISSION (Procedure of MBBS Course)
- Selected candidates are required to deposit fees in person as early as possible after the announcement of
selection and in any case before the notified date for the purpose, failing which admission will lapse automatically
without any further notification and the seat shall be offered to next on waiting list.
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo medical examination by the medical officers appointed for the
purpose. Candidates found medically unfit will not be adimitted.
- COURSES OF STUDIES
The course of study for MBBS degree and all related examinations will be according to rules and regulations of Delhi U
University. Students after passing the Final MBBS examination must register themselves provisionally with the Delhi
Medical Council before they can be permitted to join the compulsory internship programme, a required under Medical Council Act.
- ATTENDANCE: (Eligibility to Appear for Exam.)
The requisite percentage of attendance in the Class/Wards/Laboratories, as per rules and regulations laid down in the
Ordinance of the University of Delhi, will be necessary before the student is sent for University Examinations.
75% in clinical subjects is compulsory for appearing in the University Examination.
Student enjoying the benefit of Scholarship or Freeship will loose privilege in case he/she fails to secure 75%
attendance and/or violate the rules of discipline of the institution.
Note: The admission to medical courses shall close on 30th September of the year. In case students admitted
beyond 30th September, due to reasons whatsoever, they will not be eligible to appear in the 1st Professional annual
examination at the end of 2nd semester. However, they may be eligible to appear in the supplementary examination, if
otherwise eligible. The supplementary batch students of first professional will appear in the second professional
examination conducted by the University provided he/she completed required training i.e. 18 months of study, if
- Terminal Examination will be held at the end of each term. Marks obtained in these examinations and day to day work
shall be counted in the University Examinations. Student must secure at least 35% internal assessment in theory and
practical consolidated both in a particular subject in order to be eligible to appear in the final University
Examination of the subject.
- Any student found guilty of using unfair means in the examination will be subjected to disciplinary action as per the
guidelines of University of Delhi.
- COMPULSORY HINDI TEST
All students are required to pass an examination in Hindi at the end of the first or second year of MBBS course if he/she
has not passed Hindi at the VIII standard (Minimum), unless he / she has been exempted by the Delhi University. Adequate
arrangements for preparing the students for this examination are available at the Institution.
B) POST-GRADUATE DEGREE/DIPLOMA COURSES
Number of Admissions:
Total No. of MD/MS Seats: 153
|Speciality||Number of Seats
||Speciality||Number of Seats|
|MD(General Medicine)||17||MS(General Surgery)
|MD(Microbiology)||10||MS(Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
|MD(Radio-Diagnosis)||6|| || |
Total No. of DIPLOMA Seats: 23
|Speciality||Number of Seats||Speciality||Number of Seats|
|Anaesthesia (D.A.)||7||Obstt. And Gynaecology (D.G.O.)
|Ophthalmology (D.O.)||4||E.N.T. (D.L.O.)
|DERMA., VEN. & LEP. (D.D.V.L.)||1|| || |
C) POST DOCTORATE COURSE
M. Ch. in Peadiatric Surgery - 4
MAMC HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION CAPACITY:
|Name of the Hostel||No of Accommodation|
|Old Boys Hostel (OBH)||413|
|New Boys Hostel (NBH)||144|
|New Girls Hostel (NGH)||93|
|Old Girls Hostel (OGH)||279|
|PG MEN'S HOSTEL||97|
|PG WOMEN HOSTEL||62|
|New HOSTEL LN Hospital|
Provost: Dir. Prof. Dr. R S Ahlawat, Medicine
Detail of the Grievance Committee for redressal of grievences of the students
|Name of The Hostel||Name of the Warden||Mobile No.
|PG Womens Hostel||Dr. Richa Dewan(Dir. Professor, Medicine)||9968604269
|PG Mens Hostel||Dr. G. K. Ingle (Dir. Professor, Community Medicine)||9968604239
|Old Girls Hostel||Dr. Reva Tripathi (Dir. Professor, Obstt. & Gynae.)||9968604340
|New Girls Hostel||Dr. Neelam Vasudeva (Dir. Professor, Anatomy)||9968604205
|Old Resident Hostel||Dr. P. Lal (Professor, Surgery)||9968604380
|New Boys Hostel||Dr. Rajdeep Singh (Assoc. Professor, Surgery)||9968604383
|Old Boys Hostel||Dr. Sreenivas M. (Assoc. Professor, Forensic Medicine)||9968604260
|Name & Department||Designation||Mobile No.||Email ID|
|Dr. Uma Tekur, Dir Prof (Pharmacology)||Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|Dr. P. C. Ray, Dir Prof (Biochemistry)||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. C. P. Baveja, Dir Prof (Microbiology)||Memberemail@example.com|
|Dr. Nita Khurana, Prof (Pathology)||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Dean Office: 011-23231478, 011-23239271 Extn. 102 Email-id: email@example.com
Academic Branch: 011-23239271 Extn. 115 Email-Id: firstname.lastname@example.org