ALLOTMENT OF ROOMS RULES 1977
First Modification: May 1996
Second Amendment: Dec, 2009
|RULE-I: Short title, Application & Commencement
- These Rules may be called the M.A.M. College Post-graduate Hostel (Allotment of Residential Accommodation
- These rules will come into force with effect from 1st May. 2010.
In these rules unless the context otherwise requires-
- “Allotment year” means the calender year beginning from the date of admission to the
- “Mess Committee” means a Committee duly selected by the residents of the hostel.
- “Warden” means any officer employed in any of the three Institutions and appointed to act as
Warden in respect of the/hostel by an order of the Dean, M.A.M. College.
- Disciplinary Authority will mean the warden of the hostel.
|RULES-III: POWERS TO MAKE ALLOTMENT:
- The Allotment of residential accommodation in the said P.G. Hostel shall be made by the Warden duly
appointed after inviting applications from the senior/junior residents every year. The room will be
allotted for 3 years only.
- From the date of start of Session - 2013 the HWF Fee will be Rs. 250/- P.M.
- A sum of Rs.250/- (Rupees Two hundred and fifty) per month shall be payable by each allottee resident
towards Hostel Welfare fund. The allotee will pay the HWF for entire period of 2 / 3 years as
applicable. In case the allotee leaves the hostel before completion of his tenure, he/she will be entitled for
refund for the remaining period. No arrear will be charged from the present allottees.
- A sum of Rs.2000/- (Rupees two thousand only) shall be payable by each allottee resident as Security
deposit for breakage etc. which will be refundable at the time of their leaving the hostel.
- Mess charges as fixed by the Mess committee shall be payable every month.
- The postgraduate students, who have passed the examination and is unable to vacate the room shall pay at
the rate of Rs.200/- per day after 7 days of maximum allowable period. In case of failure in examination,
the candidate may retain accommodation till he or she passes out at the rate of Rs 1000/- month. The sum
will be paid in advance for the duration. The period shall extend maximum upto first attempt for students
who are outsider on submitting the recommendation from HOD.
- The Ph.D. students will be provided accommodation if it is available after catering postgraduate
degree and diploma students.
|RULE V: PRIORITIES FOR ALLOTMENT:|
- Outsiders followed by Delhites
Among Outsiders: a) Senioritywise: IIIyr, IIyr, I yr
b) Among Seniority: Group A Deptts. ( Pediatric Surgery, Surgery, Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Obs. and
Gynecology, and ENT and Ophthalmology,Anaesthesia(by mistake was not included))
Group B Deptts. having night duties (Radiology, Dermatology, Pathology, Microbiology, Radiotherapy and
Group C Deptts. (Other Depts. such as Community Medicine, Forensic, Physiology, Anatomy)
Group D: Dental MDS students
- Delhites students including students from Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad and Gurgaon. Priorities as
mentioned above for outsiders. For each of the above categories, a distance criteria will be as follows:
i) Priority according to distance: residents/students staying beyond 20 kms., 11 to 20 kms, less than 10 kms.
- They will not draw House Rent allowance during their stay in PG Hostel.
|RULE VI: OTHER CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE ALLOTMENT|
- Cooking of any kind shall not be permissible in the Hostel. No article such as combustible fire arms or
any other such material, lethal weapons etc. shall be allowed to be kept in the Hostel by any resident.
- No residents shall use or keep in his possession any intoxicating drug or liquor of any kind.
- No tempering with or misuse of electrical installation in the Hostel by the residents is allowed.
Residents must ensure that the lights and fans are switched off when the rooms are locked. Installation of
ACs will be permitted with the permission of warden and payment by the residents as per decision of the
authority from time to time.
- Dhobi/Barber/Tailor as authorized by the Warden according to the needs of the residents only will work in
the Hostel premises and none else.
- No meeting or gathering of the residents for political purposes shall be allowed to be held inside the
hostel. Only the person, who has been duly allotted accommodation in the hostel shall have the right to use
particular room allotted to him. No exchange of room occupancy or any partial or full subletting shall be
allowed without prior permission of the warden.
- All the residents will have their identity cards stamped from the hostel office on joining the hostel
- The Warden has the right to refuse admission to anyone in the hostel premises if considered to be of an
undesirable character. Generally guest is not allowed to stay in the hostel. In exceptional circumstances the guest will be allowed to stay in the hostel with the written permission the warden. Further the guest will be allowed to stay only for less than 48 hours.
- Residents in their own interest are advised not to keep jewelry or any other valuable commodity in their
rooms.They will have to use strong and quality pad locks, which can not be easily tempered with or broken.
- Failure to comply with any of the above condition will make the residents liable to fine of Rs1000/- and/or
eviction from the hostel or both.
|RULE VII: TERMINATION OF ALLOTMENT|
- The Resident shall have to vacate the accommodation within 7 days of completion of his residency or earlier in
the event of early termination of his residency. In case of failure to vacate the room, warden will issue the
eviction order and will get it vacated in presence of Senior Administrative Officer and Security Officer of
|RULE VIII: INTERPRETATION OF RULES|
- If any question arises as to interpretation of these rules, the warden may make a reference to the Dean and
decision of the Dean shall be final and blinding.
- The disciplinary Authority for violation of any rules will be the warden.
|RULE X: RELAXATION OF RULES|
- The Dean shall have full powers to relax any of the provisions of these Rules in the case of any resident
for reasons which will be recorded by him, in writing.
- An appeal against the order of disciplinary authority shall lie with the Dean, whose decision shall be