Details about ongoing projects during the year- None
- Major Research Project (UGC) by Dr. Simmi K Ratan and Prof. SK Aggarwal and others entitled 'Evaluation of
hormonal profile in the patients presenting with isolated hypospadias' is continuing.
Details about thesis completed/ongoing during the year
- Dr. BV Raghunath- Efficacy of Bladder neck incision on Urodynamic abnormalities in patients with Posterior
urethral valves. Prof. YK Sarin wasthe supervisor.
- Dr. Anjan Kumar Dhua - Use of tunica vaginalis flap in hypospadias repair. Prof. SK Aggarwal was the supervisor
and Dr. SK Ratan was the co-supervisor.
- Dr. Piyush Thayal- Evaluation of the efficacy of intralesional bleomycin injection and oral propanolol in the
management of hemangioma. Prof. YK Sarin was the co-supervisor.
- Dr. Sadhana Saini- Comparative evaluation of combined ilioinguinal iliohypogastric block versus caudal block
using Ropivacaine & Clonidine for Paediatric postoperative analgesia following inguinal hernia repair. Prof. YK
Sarin is the co-supervisor.
Training courses/ Workshops organised
Department of Pediatric Surgery organised Pediatric Surgery Update 2010 from 23rd to 25th April 2010. Prof. YKSarin
was the organising chairperson. Prof. YKSarin was the organising chairperson and Dr. Shalini Sinha was the
Organising Secretary and Dr Shandip Kumar Sinha was the joint organising secretary and treasurer. Over 60 delegates
and 40 guest faculty from around the country attended the update. The following lectures were delivered by the
faculty from the Department:
- Sarin YK Surgical management for disorder of sexual differentiation.
- Aggarwal SK. Laparoscopic Surgery in children.
- Ratan SK. Management of gastro esophageal reflux.
- Sharma A. Bladder augmentation.
- Sinha S. Surgery of choledochal cyst.
- Sinha SK. Parental fluid therapy in Pediatric Surgery.
Publication of research papers in indexed journals during the period
- Nagdeve NG, Manchanda V, Sarin YK Bronchopulmonary foregut malformation mimicking pseudocyst of pancreas. Indian
J Pediatr. 2010; 77:323-5.
- Sarin YK Neonatal mucormycosis: case report and review. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. 2010;15:98-100.
- Gupta B, Mehar R, Raj A, Aggarwal S. Duplication Cyst of Oesophagus: A Case Report. J Pediatr Child Health. 2010;
- Sarin YK Tracheal trifurcation associated with esophageal atresia.. 2010; 1:14.
- Sarin YK Intrauterine intussusception causing ileal atresia. APSP J Case Rep 2010; 1:18.
- Bhatnagar SN, Sarin YK Scope and limitations of minimal invasive surgery in practice of pediatric surgical
oncology. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2010 (in press).
- Sarin YK Desmoid tumor of the buttock in a preadolescent child. APSP J Case Rep (in press)
- Aggarwal SK, Manchanda V, Pant Nitin. Epidermoid cyst of clitoris mimicking clitoromegaly. JIAPS 15:23-24; 2010
- Goyal N, Singh T, Kapur S, Aggarwal SK, Rao S. Unsuspected sacrococcygeal teratoma in a child presenting with
autoimmune hemolytic anemia: a case report. Euro J Ped Surg. (in press)
- Ghosh V, Dhua A, Kapur S, Aggarwal SK. Successful treatment of lymphangioma in a case of Catel-Manzke syndrome.
Clinical Dysmorphology (in press)
- Aggarwal M, Sabharwal V, Jain D, Aggarwal SK. Anaesthesia for thoracoscopic lung biopsy without tracheal
instrumentation. J Clin Anaesthesia and Pharmacology. (in press)
- Mathur NB, Aggarwal SK. Congenital intra-pericardial herniation of liver. Indian Pediatr. (in press)
- Dhua A, Ghosh V, Aggarwal SK, Kapur S. Radial Ray defect with omphalocoele: another case of Gershoni Darouch
syndrome. J Pediatr Genetics. (in press)
- Mantan M, Aggarwal SK. Megacyctis Microcolon Intestinal Hypoperistalsis syndrome and bilateral streak Gonads. Ind
J Nephrol. (in press)
- Aggarwal SK , Sinha SK, Kumar A, Dhua A, Borkar N, Pant N. Strictures of the posterior urethra in boys with
special reference to recurrent strictures - an Indian experience of 17 years. J Urol (in press)
- Aggarwal SK, Sinha SK, Ratan SK, Dhua A, Pant N, Borkar N, Nirmal G. Laparoscopic or laparoscopic assisted pelvic
surgery in small infants: our experience. Accepted for publication in J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A (in