ALLOTMENT OF ROOMS RULES 1977
First Modification: May 1996
Second Amendment: Dec, 2009
|RULE-I: Short title, Application &
- These Rules may be called the M.A.M. College
Post-graduate Hostel (Allotment of Residential
Accommodation Rules, 1977)
- These rules will come into force with effect from
1st May. 2010.
In these rules unless the context otherwise requires-
- “Allotment year” means the calender year beginning
from the date of admission to the postgraduate
- “Mess Committee” means a Committee duly selected by
the residents of the hostel.
- “Warden” means any officer employed in any of the
three Institutions and appointed to act as Warden in
respect of the/hostel by an order of the Dean, M.A.M.
- Disciplinary Authority will mean the warden of the
|RULES-III: POWERS TO MAKE ALLOTMENT:
- The Allotment of residential accommodation in the
said P.G. Hostel shall be made by the Warden duly
appointed after inviting applications from the
senior/junior residents every year. The room will be
allotted for 3 years only.
- From the date of start of Session - 2013 the HWF
Fee will be Rs. 250/- P.M.
- A sum of Rs.250/- (Rupees Two hundred and fifty) per
month shall be payable by each allottee resident
towards Hostel Welfare fund. The allotee will
pay the HWF for entire period of 2 / 3 years as
applicable. In case the allotee leaves the hostel
before completion of his tenure, he/she will be
entitled for refund for the remaining period. No
arrear will be charged from the present allottees.
- A sum of Rs.2000/- (Rupees two thousand only) shall
be payable by each allottee resident as Security
deposit for breakage etc. which will be refundable at
the time of their leaving the hostel.
- Mess charges as fixed by the Mess committee shall be
payable every month.
- The postgraduate students, who have passed the
examination and is unable to vacate the room shall pay
at the rate of Rs.200/- per day after 7 days of
maximum allowable period. In case of failure in
examination, the candidate may retain accommodation
till he or she passes out at the rate of Rs 1000/-
month. The sum will be paid in advance for the
duration. The period shall extend maximum upto first
attempt for students who are outsider on submitting
the recommendation from HOD.
- The Ph.D. students will be provided
accommodation if it is available after catering
postgraduate degree and diploma students.
|RULE V: PRIORITIES FOR ALLOTMENT:
- Outsiders followed by Delhites
Among Outsiders: a) Senioritywise: IIIyr, IIyr, I
b) Among Seniority: Group A Deptts. ( Pediatric
Surgery, Surgery, Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics,
Obs. and Gynecology, and ENT and
Ophthalmology,Anaesthesia(by mistake was not
Group B Deptts. having night duties (Radiology,
Dermatology, Pathology, Microbiology, Radiotherapy and
Group C Deptts. (Other Depts. such as Community
Medicine, Forensic, Physiology, Anatomy)
Group D: Dental MDS students
- Delhites students including students from Noida,
Ghaziabad, Faridabad and Gurgaon. Priorities as
mentioned above for outsiders. For each of the above
categories, a distance criteria will be as follows:
i) Priority according to distance: residents/students
staying beyond 20 kms., 11 to 20 kms, less than 10
- They will not draw House Rent allowance during
their stay in PG Hostel.
|RULE VI: OTHER CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE
- Cooking of any kind shall not be permissible in the
Hostel. No article such as combustible fire arms or
any other such material, lethal weapons etc. shall be
allowed to be kept in the Hostel by any resident.
- No residents shall use or keep in his possession any
intoxicating drug or liquor of any kind.
- No tempering with or misuse of electrical
installation in the Hostel by the
residents is allowed. Residents must ensure that the
lights and fans are switched off when the rooms are
locked. Installation of ACs will be permitted with the
permission of warden and payment by the residents as
per decision of the authority from time to time.
- Dhobi/Barber/Tailor as authorized by the Warden
according to the needs of the residents only will work
in the Hostel premises and none else.
- No meeting or gathering of the residents for
political purposes shall be allowed to be held inside
the hostel. Only the person, who has been duly
allotted accommodation in the hostel shall have the
right to use particular room allotted to him. No
exchange of room occupancy or any partial or full
subletting shall be allowed without prior permission
of the warden.
- All the residents will have their identity cards
stamped from the hostel office on joining the hostel
- The Warden has the right to refuse admission to
anyone in the hostel premises if considered to be of
an undesirable character. Generally guest is not
allowed to stay in the hostel. In exceptional
circumstances the guest will be allowed to stay in the
hostel with the written permission the warden. Further
the guest will be allowed to stay only for less than
- Residents in their own interest are advised not to
keep jewelry or any other valuable commodity in their
rooms.They will have to use strong and quality pad
locks, which can not be easily tempered with or
- Failure to comply with any of the above condition
will make the residents liable to fine of Rs1000/-
and/or eviction from the hostel or both.
|RULE VII: TERMINATION OF ALLOTMENT
- The Resident shall have to vacate the accommodation
within 7 days of completion of his residency or
earlier in the event of early termination of his
residency. In case of failure to vacate the room,
warden will issue the eviction order and will get it
vacated in presence of Senior Administrative Officer
and Security Officer of MAMC.
|RULE VIII: INTERPRETATION OF RULES
- If any question arises as to interpretation of these
rules, the warden may make a reference to the Dean and
decision of the Dean shall be final and blinding.
- The disciplinary Authority for violation of any
rules will be the warden.
|RULE X: RELAXATION OF RULES
- The Dean shall have full powers to relax any of the
provisions of these Rules in the case of any resident
for reasons which will be recorded by him, in writing.
- An appeal against the order of disciplinary
authority shall lie with the Dean, whose decision
shall be final.