Short title, Application & Commencement :
- These Rules may be called the M.A.M. College Post-graduate Hostel (Allotment of Residential Accommodation Rules, 1977)
- These rules will come into force with effect from 1st May. 2010.
In these rules unless the context otherwise requires-
- “Allotment year” means the calender year beginning from the date of admission to the postgraduate programme.
- “Mess Committee” means a Committee duly selected by the residents of the hostel.
- “Warden” means any officer employed in any of the three Institutions and appointed to act as Warden in respect of the/hostel by an order of the Dean, M.A.M. College.
- Disciplinary Authority will mean the warden of the hostel.
RULES-III ….POWERS TO MAKE ALLOTMENT:
- The Allotment of residential accommodation in the said P.G. Hostel shall be made by the Warden duly appointed after inviting applications from the senior/junior residents every year. The room will be allotted for 3 years only.
- From the date of start of Session - 2013 the HWF Fee will be Rs. 250/- P.M.
- A sum of Rs.150/- (Rupees One hundred and fifty) per month shall be payable by each allottee resident towards Hostel Welfare fund. The allotee will pay the HWF for entire period of 2 / 3 years as applicable. In case the allotee leaves the hostel before completion of his tenure, he/she will be entitled for refund for the remaining period. No arrear will be charged from the present allottees.
- A sum of Rs.2000/- (Rupees two thousand only) shall be payable by each allottee resident as Security deposit for breakage etc. which will be refundable at the time of their leaving the hostel.
- Mess charges as fixed by the Mess committee shall be payable every month.
- The postgraduate students, who have passed the examination and is unable to vacate the room shall pay at the rate of Rs.200/- per day after 7 days of maximum allowable period. In case of failure in examination, the candidate may retain accommodation till he or she passes out at the rate of Rs 1000/- month. The sum will be paid in advance for the duration. The period shall extend maximum upto first attempt for students who are outsider on submitting the recommendation from HOD.
- The Ph.D. students will be provided accommodation if it is available after catering postgraduate degree and diploma students.
PRIORITIES FOR ALLOTMENT:
- Outsiders followed by Delhites
Among Outsiders: a) Senioritywise: IIIyr, IIyr, I yr
b) Among Seniority: Group A Deptts. ( Pediatric Surgery, Surgery, Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Obs. and Gynecology, and ENT and Ophthalmology,Anaesthesia(by mistake was not included))
Group B Deptts. having night duties (Radiology, Dermatology, Pathology, Microbiology, Radiotherapy and Biochemistry)
Group C Deptts. (Other Depts. such as Community Medicine, Forensic, Physiology, Anatomy)
Group D: Dental MDS students
- Delhites students including students from Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad and Gurgaon. Priorities as mentioned above for outsiders. For each of the above categories, a distance criteria will be as follows:
i) Priority according to distance: residents/students staying beyond 20 kms., 11 to 20 kms, less than 10 kms. radius
- They will not draw House Rent allowance during their stay in PG Hostel.
OTHER CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE ALLOTMENT
- Cooking of any kind shall not be permissible in the Hostel. No article such as combustible fire arms or any other such material, lethal weapons etc. shall be allowed to be kept in the Hostel by any resident.
- No residents shall use or keep in his possession any intoxicating drug or liquor of any kind.
- No tempering with or misuse of electrical installation in the Hostel by the residents is allowed. Residents must ensure that the lights and fans are switched off when the rooms are locked. Installation of ACs will be permitted with the permission of warden and payment by the residents as per decision of the authority from time to time.
- .Dhobi/Barber/Tailor as authorized by the Warden according to the needs of the residents only will work in the Hostel premises and none else.
- No meeting or gathering of the residents for political purposes shall be allowed to be held inside the hostel. Only the person, who has been duly allotted accommodation in the hostel shall have the right to use particular room allotted to him. No exchange of room occupancy or any partial or full subletting shall be allowed without prior permission of the warden.
- All the residents will have their identity cards stamped from the hostel office on joining the hostel.
- The Warden has the right to refuse admission to anyone in the hostel premises if considered to be of an undesirable character. Generally guest is not allowed to stay in the hostel. In exceptional circumstances the guest will be allowed to stay in the hostel with the written permission the warden. Further the guest will be allowed to stay only for less than 48 hours.
- Residents in their own interest are advised not to keep jewelry or any other valuable commodity in their rooms. They will have to use strong and quality pad locks, which can not be easily tempered with or broken.
- Failure to comply with any of the above condition will make the residents liable to fine of Rs1000/- and/or eviction from the hostel or both.
TERMINATION OF ALLOTMENT
- The Resident shall have to vacate the accommodation within 7 days of completion of his residency or earlier in the event of early termination of his residency. In case of failure to vacate the room, warden will issue the eviction order and will get it vacated in presence of Senior Administrative Officer and Security Officer of MAMC.
RULE VIII: INTERPRETATION OF RULES
- If any question arises as to interpretation of these rules, the warden may make a reference to the Dean and decision of the Dean shall be final and blinding.
- The disciplinary Authority for violation of any rules will be the warden.
RULE X: RELAXATION OF RULES
- The Dean shall have full powers to relax any of the provisions of these Rules in the case of any resident for reasons which will be recorded by him, in writing.
- An appeal against the order of disciplinary authority shall lie with the Dean, whose decision shall be final.
|(Dr. Vivek Bindal)
|(Dr. Neelam Vasudeva)
|Recommendations for amendment approved:
M.A.M.College, New Delhi
GO TO TOP