Short title, Application & Commencement:
- These Rules may be called the M.A.M. College Under-graduate Hostel (Allotment of hostel Accommodation Rules, 1977)
- These rules will come into force with effect from 01 August, 2010.
In these rules unless the context otherwise requires-
- Admission Year means the calendar year beginning from the date of admission to the undergratue programme.
- “Allotment year” means the calendar year beginning from the date of allotment to the under-graduate Hostel
- “Mess Committee” means a Committee duly selected by the residents of the hostel.
- “Warden” means any officer employed in any of the four hostels viz old boys’ hostel, new boys’ hostel, old girls’ hostel & new girls’ hostel and appointed to act as Warden in respect of the/hostel by an order of the Dean, M.A.M. College.
- Disciplinary Authority means the warden of the hostel.
RULES-III, POWERS TO MAKE ALLOTMENT:
The allotment of residential accommodation in the said U.G. Hostel shall be made by the Warden after inviting applications from the undergraduate students every year in July to August. List of students will be displayed within one month of the last date of submission. If any objection can be submitted within seven days after which no request will be entertained. The room will be allotted for maximum period 5½(4½+1) years only. Only in exceptional case it will be extended for those who have yet to clear their examination. They will have to apply again.
- From April 2013 the HWF Fee will be Rs. 500/- P.M.
- A sum of Rs.300/- (Rupees three hundred only) per month shall be payable by each allottee resident towards Hostel Welfare fund (The new HWF will be started on August, 2010). The allotee will pay the HWF for entire year every year as applicable. In case the allotee leaves the hostel before completion of his tenure, he/she will be entitled for refund only security fee.
- A sum of Rs.30/-per month for triple/double seater and Rs.50/-per month for single seater shall be payable by each allottee on year to year basis.
- A sum of Rs.2000/- (Rupees two thousand only) shall be payable by each allottee as Security deposit for breakage etc. which will be refundable at the time of their leaving the hostel.
- Mess charges as fixed by the Mess committee shall be payable by 7th day of every month.
- The under-graduate students, who have passed the examination and is unable to vacate the room, shall pay at the rate of Rs.200/- per day after 7 days of maximum allowable period.
PRIORITIES FOR ALLOTMENT:
Priorities: Hostel accommodation for UG student cannot be claimed as a matter of right but will be made available on the availability of room. It will be decided as per points mentioned below:
- Foreign nationals/Government of India Nominees.
- Students who are from outside Delhi and have been selected through CBSE.
- DPMT students who are from outside Delhi.
- The students whose parents have been transferred outside Delhi.
- Medical Grounds (In this regard designated committee of warden and hostel secretary will decide the valid medical ground for allotment).
- Others including discretion of the warden in exception case (Not exceed 5% of the total allotment).
- BDS students will be allotted accommodation after MBBS students of the same batch.
The preference under the aforesaid categories will be given to the students studying in 5th year, 4th year, 3rd year, 2nd year and 1st year respectively. The students wishing to avail priority under Para (2) & (3) should enclose a mark sheet of X and XII with school leaving certificate and those students who are residing in hostel during period of study in school have to enclose a hostel residing certificate from the competent authority., (4) and (5) should enclose a documentary proof i.e., certificate from the Head of department/staff surgeon respectively with their applications.
- After allotment to the above category rooms if available will be offered to residence of Delhi in order of seniorities. Seniority order is as follows:
(a) Senioritywise: 5th year, 4th year, 3rd year, 2nd year and 1st year
(b) Priority according to distance: The distance will be determined by Google Earth.
PRIORITIES FOR NEW BOY’S/GIRL’S HOSTEL ALLOTMENT:
- Only 6th Semester onward MBBS student will be eligible for accommodation in New Boy’s/Girl’s Hostel (Intern will be not eligible).
- Student residing in OBH/OGH will be the prerequisite criteria for NBH/NGH allotment.
- Direct application to NBH/NGH will not be entertained except when rooms are available and warden NBH/NGH invites (For 8th semester only).
- Application NBH/NGH will be invited in the month of January every year.
RULE- (VI) REQUEST FOR THE SHIFTING OF THE ROOMS
- Shifting of the rooms will only be permissible in following conditions:
(a) Triple to Single seater
It will be done strictly on the availability of single seater and seniority will be decided from the date of their entry in hostel.
(b) Single to Single seater
This will only be allowed in expectional cases.
(c) Shifting from OBH/OGH to NBH/NGH will be made based on the availability on rooms and will be allowed only for 6th semester onward students (see rules).
OTHER CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE ALLOTMENT
- Cooking of any kind shall not be permissible in the Hostel. No article such as combustible fire arms or any other such material, lethal weapons etc. shall be allowed to be kept in the Hostel by any resident.
- No residents shall use or keep in his possession any intoxicating drug or liquor of any kind.
- No tampering with or misuse of electrical installation in the Hostel by the residents is allowed. Residents must ensure that the lights and fans are switched off when the rooms are locked. Installation of ACs /any electrical appliances is not permitted. strict action will be taken against defaulters
- Dhobi/Barber/Tailor as authorized by the Warden according to the needs of the residents only will work in the Hostel premises and none else.
- It is mandatory to join mess as a regular member as pay mess as per prescribed from time to time.
- No meeting or gathering of the residents for political purposes shall be allowed to be held inside the hostel. Only the person, who has been duly allotted accommodation in the hostel, shall have the right to use particular room allotted to him. No exchange of room occupancy or any partial or full subletting shall be allowed without prior permission of the warden.
- All the residents will have and carry their identity cards stamped from the hostel office on joining the hostel.
- The Warden has the right to refuse admission to anyone in the hostel premises if considered to be of an undesirable character. Generally guests are not allowed to stay in the hostel. However they are free to apply for temporary accommodation in PG Men’s Hostel/Guest house of the college.
- Residents in their own interest are advised not to keep jewelry or any other valuable commodity in their rooms. They will have to use strong and quality pad locks, which can not be easily tempered with or broken.
- Failure to comply with any of the above condition will make the residents liable to fine of Rs1000/- and/or eviction from the hostel or both.
- Warden in the interest of hostel/institute can cancel the accommodation of the students any time. However the discretion will be used judiously.
TERMINATION OF ALLOTMENT
The Resident shall have to vacate the accommodation within 7 days of completion of his examination or earlier in the event of early termination of his hostel allotment. In case of failure to vacate the room, warden will issue the eviction order and will get it vacated in presence of DDA/ Administrative Officer and Security Officer of MAMC.
INTERPRETATION OF RULES
If any question arises as to interpretation of these rules, the warden may make a reference to the Dean and decision of the Dean shall be final and blinding.
The disciplinary Authority for violation of any rules will be the warden.
RELAXATION OF RULES
The Dean shall have full powers to relax any of the provisions of these Rules in the case of any hosteler for reasons which will be recorded by him, in writing.
An appeal against the order of disciplinary authority shall lie with the Dean, whose decision shall be final.
Chairperson of the Commitee
|Recommendations for amendment approved:
M.A.M.College, New Delhi
GO TO TOP