OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
Training courses /conferences/workshops organized
- Hands on training on electrochemiluminescence based immunoassays was provided to Ms.Shrijna
Shrestha, Asstt. Prof. Biochemistry Deptt, B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan,
Nepal, for 2 weeks in August 2010.
- Postgraduate MD students (4no.) from Pathology Deptt.MAMC were trained in
Clinical Biochemistry for 1 week.
- Lodh, M., Parida, A., Saxena, A. 'Detecting plaque vulnerability in Acute Coronary
Syndrome' Indian Medical Gazette, 2010 July; CXLIV (7):252.
- Dhanwal DK, Vyas A, Sharma A, Saxena A.Hypothalamic pituitary abnormalities in tubercular
meningitis at the time of diagnosis. Pituitary. 2010 Dec; 13(4):304.
- Ashok Kumar ,Mamta Meena, Nargis Begum, Nirmal kumar, Ram kumar Gupta, Sarita Agarwal, Sudha
Prasad,and Swaraj Batra. Latent celiac disease in reproductive performance of women. Fertility and
- Bhawna singh, S.Arora, P.Aggarwal and S.K.Gupta. "Heptcidin-A novel peptite hormone regulating
iron metabolism" (accepted for publication) clinica chemical acta
- Roy v Gupta Sethi GR, MishraTK Pharmacodynamics of isoniazid in moderately malnourished children
with tuberculosis, Int.J.Tuberc Lung.2010; 14(3):374-6.
- Sunita Mahajan AS, Singh NP ,Jain AK Mishra TK Exercise induced angina in sub clinical hypothyroid
patients: case report-Biomedicine 2010;30(4):584-87.
- Mondal N, Bhat BV, Banupriya C, Koner BC Oxidative stress in perinatal asphyxia in relation to
outcome. Indian J Pediatr. 2010 May; 77(5):515-7. PMID: 20401708
- Gupta N, Goswami B, Singh N, Koner B C, Garg R. Lead poisoning associated with Ayurvedic drug
presenting as intestinal obstruction: a case report. Clin Chim Acta (accepted for publication)
- Kalpana Singh, Bhawana Singh, P.C.Ray- Anticeramide antibodies in leprosy J.Infect.Dev.ctries:
- Jha P, Das BK, Shrestha S, Majhi S, Chandra L, Sharma S, Baral N. Glycemic status, lipid profile
and proteinuria in diabetic nephropathy. J Nepal Med Assoc. 2010 Apr-Jun; 49(178):143-6
- 37th annual conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India,Dec.13-15,2010,Mumbai.The paper,'A
study of circulating levels of Adiponectin in breast cancer patients' , Sumitra,G.,Kakar,A.K.,Khurana,N.,
Singh,B.,Mahto,M.,Ray,P.C., Saxena,A.was presented.
- Mir Rashid AB, Sazwal, S., Javed,J., Rashid,S., Ahmad,I., Mishra, P., Gupta, N.,Saxena, R,Saxena, A.
Hematological Malignancies,2010.13-15 Oct,2010,MD Anderson Cancer Hospital,Texas,U.S.A.The paper,"
Association of GATA-2 L359V mutation in the disease progression of CML patients', was presented.
- Dr Sarita Agarwal attended the annual conference of Neurological society of India, 17th -20th Dec at
- Dr. S. K. Gupta, Dr. T.K.Mishra, and Dr. P. C. Ray attended 18thNational Conference of Association of
Medical Biochemists of India (AMBI) held on 12-14th Nov.2010 at Hyderabad.
- Dr. Bidhan Chandra Koner and Dr. Lal Chandra attended the 4th International Congress on Sickle Cell
Disease held on 22-27th November, 2010 at Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Jaipur.
Significant Events (Honours to Faculty)
- Dr. S. K. Gupta delivered a guest lecture on" Atherosclerosis -CAD-stroke-Is vaccine a way out?" 18th
National Conference of Association of Medical Biochemists of India (AMBI) held on 12-14thNov.2010 at
- Dr.T. K. Mishra as co-guide. "Dexamethasone therapy in neonatal meningitis" was awarded IJP best thesis in
Original Research Award.
- Dr. P. C. Ray is continuing as secretary of Association of Medical Biochemists of India - Delhi state
- Dr. Lal Chandra and Dr. Bidhan Chandra Koner chaired the scientific sessions at 4th International Congress
on Sickle Cell Disease held on 22-27th November, 2010 at Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College,
Representation on expert committees / bodies
- Dr. A. Saxena was invited as subject expert in the interview held on 17th November 2010, for selection to
various faculty posts in Biochemistry and related disciplines in All India Institute of Medical Sciences,N.
- Dr.A.Saxena was invited as subject expert in the interview held on 3rd August 2010, for selection to the
post of Asstt.Professor in Biochemistry in Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi.
- Dr A. Saxena was invited as technical expert for the selection to the post of Asstt. Professor
(Biochemistry) in GNCT of Delhi- for which interview was held on 17-05-2007.
- Dr.A.Saxena was invited by Medical Council of India to conduct the inspection of Muzaffarnagar Medical
College in June 2010.
- Dr. S. Agarwal was external examiner for M.D.examination at Govt. Medical College Amritsar
- Dr. S. Agarwal was paper setter for M.D. /M.Sc Examination of Rajasthan University
- Dr. S. Agarwal was paper setter for M.D./M.Sc Examination of Baba Faridkot University
- Dr. S. K. Gupta was internal examiner for MD Biochemistry, Delhi University.
- Dr. S. K. Gupta did MCI inspection for starting MBBS at Tirthanker Mahavir Medical College and Research
- Dr. S. K. Gupta was external examiner for conducting MBBS exam at AIIMS New Delhi.
- Dr. S. K. Gupta did MCI inspection for starting MD Biochemistry at Bidar Institute of Medical sciences,
- Dr. S. K. Gupta was member of interview board of EDCIL (Education consultancy India Pvt Ltd, under M/O HRD)
for selection of teaching staff for Biochemistry Department at Docloma University, Tanzania.
- Dr. S. K. Gupta was invited as external examiner by Baba Farid University, Punj ab (at CMC Ludhiana) ,
Kumanyu University (at GRRIMS-Dehradun & UFHT medical college Haldwani)
- Dr. S. K. Gupta evaluated MD thesis under Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab
- Dr. S. K. Gupta was an expert for selection of Assistant Professor of Biochemistry at Dental College ESI
Hospital, Rohini, Delhi.
- Dr.S.K.Gupta was external examiner for MD exam at Himalayan institute Dehradun and Government Medical College
- Dr. S. K. Gupta was member of Library committee.
- Dr. S. K. Gupta as member of LAN committee.
- Dr. S. K. Gupta as member of purchase committee.
- Dr. S. K. Gupta continues to be the President, student's sports committee of MAM College.
- Dr. T. K. Mishra contibues as an executive member of Delhi state branch of Association.of Medical Biochemists
of India (AMBI).
- Dr. T. K. Mishra has moderated MBBS paper at Sharda University.
- Dr.T.K.Mishra done the MCI inspection for MD Biochemistry at HIMS, Hassan,Karnataka and JLN Memorial Govt
Medical college at Raipur.,Chhattisgarh.
- Dr. T. K. Mishra was invited as external examiner for M.L.T. by IP University at VMMC, New. Delhi.
- Dr.T.K.Mishra was external examiner for MSc exam at Government Medical College Amritsar.
- Dr. T. K. Mishra was observer for selection of technical assistant at CNBC
- Dr. T. K. Mishra continues to be the Store Officer of MAM College.
- Dr Alka Khaneja was external examiner for MBBS exam at MDU, Rohtak
- Dr. P.C. Ray was external examiner for M.B.B.S. students at Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College
- Dr. P.C. Ray was external examiner for MD Biochemistry exam at CMC, Ludhiana M.B.B.S. students at Vardhaman
Mahavir Medical College
- Dr. P.C. Ray was nominated as member of Hospital lab purchase committee.
- Dr. P.C. Ray was nominated as member of MAMC-Research society.
- Dr P.C.Ray was MCI coordinator for inspection at HIMS Lucknow
- Dr. P.C. Ray was external examiner for B.D.S. at S.R.Dental College Faridabad.
- Dr.Pramod Lali was member of interview board for selection of senior Residents and junior specialist.
- Dr.P.Lali is Nodal officer of Biochemistry Laboratory for NABH Accreditation Program of L.N. hospital
- Dr.P.Lali. is the treasurer of Delhi state branch of Association of Medical Biochemists of India (AMBI)
- Dr.Pramod Lali is nominated as member of the Purchase committee
- Dr Pramod Lali reviewed PhD thesis from Rajasthan University of Medical Sciences.
- Dr. Pramod lali was external examiner for MD (Biochemistry) examination at Swaiman Singh medical college at
- Dr Pramod Lali did MCI inspection for MD Biochemistry at Mulund.Maharashtra.
- Dr. BC Koner evaluated PhD thesis from Jadavpur University.
- Dr. BC Koner reviewed manuscripts from CCA, Clin Biochem and Cellular immunology.
- Dr. BC Koner was external examiner for MD (Biochem) examination in AMU and WB Health University.
- Dr Lal Chandra was external examiner for M Sc (Biotechnology) at Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial medical
college Raipur, Chhatisgarh.
- Dr Lal Chandra was paper setter for M Sc (Biotechnology) at Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial medical college
- Dr Smita Kaushik was member of Technical Approval Committee, LNHospital
- Dr Smita Kaushik was departmental representative for purchase committee,LNH
Health services to the community
- All the senior residents, post graduates and technical staff participated in the ongoing Pulse Polio
immunization programme of Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- On World Diabetes Day on 13th Nov.2010 free testing of blood for HbA1c,lipid profile, KFT and other
biochemical parameters was conducted by Biochemistry Deptt. for more than 200 visitors who had come to a camp
organized on the occasion by Medicine Deptt.,MAMC.
- Deptt. of Biochemistry conducted free testing for PSA for more than 300 patients during a prostrate disease
awareness cum service programme organized from 1st to 7th April 2010 by Urological Society Of India in
collaboration with GNCT of Delhi.
All the senior residents, post graduates and technical staff participated in the ongoing Pulse Polio immunization programme of Govt of NCT of Delhi.
Central Lab Services. LNH.
All routine biochemical tests.
|Glycated Hemoglobin (HbA1c)
|Serum CK total
|S. Ionized calcium
|Urine total proteins
|Body fluid Biochemistry
Number of tests performed during 2010
||Total no. of investigations
|Number of investigation in 2009
|Percentage incease from last year